How to use AML API automatic monitoring
Updated on 06.02.23
4 minutes to read
Make SEON your single point of reference for your anti-money laundering efforts with AML API. Fully automate checks against PEP, RCA, Sanctions, Crime Lists, and Watch Lists to ensure you only do business with honest customers. Tackle fraud and 6AMLD compliance with a single tool.
Why use automatic monitoring?
Anti-money laundering regulations, such as 6AMLD in the EU, require regulated companies to maintain continuous compliance. This entails automated transaction monitoring, detailed know-you-customer, and financial crime or sanction checks.
Rely on SEON to automate your transaction monitoring and your AML process. SEON’s AML API takes your customers’ names and checks them against over 40 PEP, RCA, Sanctions, Crime Lists, and Watch Lists.
When you enable automatic monitoring for a name, we’ll run automated monthly checks for any changes to connected data. Helping you do your part to fight financial crime and keep your company safe.
Hands on with automatic monitoring
Follow the steps below to enable automatic monitoring.
1. Open the SEON Admin Panel.
2. If you’ve already checked the name in question at least once head to the Monitoring tab.
3. If you’d like to run a new search, head over to the Manual Lookup page and skip to Step 8.
4. Find the name you’d like to monitor from the list. Use the search bar and quick filters to find names quickly.
5. Click on a name to open up the detailed report of your search.
6. Confirm this is the customer you’d like to monitor.
7. Click on the toggle in the Monitoring column on the right side of the screen.
8. On the Manual Lookup page, open the AML tab.
9. Enter the details of your search and enter a unique User ID for your customer. If you want to connect this lookup to an existing customer, copy their UserID from a transaction and paste it here. You can also enter a custom UserID (e.g., aml-manual-1)
10. Click the Turn on monitoring toggle.
11. Click Run AML lookup to complete your check.