Quick Start Guide
Updated on 02.12.21
2 minutes to read
A quick video walkthrough for the SEON Shopify App
Here's a quick video showing you a step-by-step guide on how to onboard, configure your account and some of our key features.
SEON for Shopify
Connect SEON to your Shopify store to detect and stop fraudulent transactions before they can harm your business. You'll find our Shopify app here.
We've got your back
We'll make sure that every customer who purchases from your store is who they say they are.
- Get set up in minutes: SEON will be up and running in no time without interruptions to your customer’s experience.
- Detect suspicious transactions: We cross-check each transaction and assign a unique risk score so you can easily catch fraud before it even happens.
- Reduce losses and increase profit by eliminating investigation and chargeback fees, lost payments, and goods.
Add SEON to your store
First things first, let's add SEON to your store.
1. Open up the Shopify app store.
2. Sign in to your account.
3. Search for SEON or visit the page directly from here.
4. Click Add app.
5. Review the permissions, then click Install app.
Create your SEON account
Almost there! Now, you will need to create an account that you can use to manage your store in SEON.
1. Add your name, email address, and phone number.
2. Click Next.
3. Watch the Walkthrough video to get familiar with SEON, then click Done.
4. You can now click through to explore the app for free or choose a plan right away.
5. Review billing details, then Approve subscription.
Meet your Dashboard
Now that you're all set up, it's time to finally see what SEON can do for you.
This is the first page you'll see every time you log into SEON — the place where everything happens. On your Dashboard, you can scroll through recent transactions and activities to see what's happening in your business in real-time.
Settings and scoring
By default, SEON is set to automate the decision-making process and protect you from risky orders. In the Settings tab, you can adjust the risk scoring manually and increase or decrease the Threshold if you need to.
Risk scoring: SEON reviews each transaction and assigns a risk score (see how it's calculated). A score of 10+ is considered risky and by default, we decline transactions that score a 20 or higher during the risk assessment.
Auto decline and refund
High-risk orders above the decline threshold will automatically be declined, refunded, and restocked. This allows SEON to run in the background and make decisions for you based on the set scoring threshold.
When disabled, the order check is still performed, with the detailed analysis and fraud score provided, but SEON won’t handle the order.